Friday, September 16, 2011

All We Need

Do you ever get up early and anxious for all the "wants and gimmees"? That's what my husband calls them. When you simply just long for things. Things you think will make you happy. Things you're just sure you can't live without. Sort of like an entitlement program where folks just think they have it all coming to them because they deserve it somehow. I woke up today with the wants and gimmees. Like I want a horse. I want a dog. I want to live on a farm and grow things... I want the past back. I want my kids little again. I want my sister and brother back. I want to be happy again like the old days. But, if I think hard enough, the old days were just as tough as today. I had everything I needed then and I have everything I need right now. I am ungrateful. I can change that. I know how. I'm so glad we had this little talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment