Thursday, September 22, 2011

Celebrate Austin!

Today is Thursday. My oldest daughter turned 25 yesterday. She is quite the determined young woman. Always has been. Russ tells the story of how we used to bundle her up and send her down, in mid winter, to feed her bunnies-- she was only three. I always said, "If you are going to pen 'em up you have to take care of them." This went for any animals on our farm. They usually ate before we did. That's how I was taught. She never objected to going out to do the chores. She never objected to any of our requests. She has always been one to please those she loves. She doesn't like to let anyone down. She tries so hard to do her best in everything. She is a great person, a sweet friend and a loving daughter and older sister to her two little sisters. Twenty five years old... I turn fifty in exactly two months. So hard to believe I had her just before my 25th birthday. Oh my! What did I know? What did I know? I only knew one thing: I would die for that sweet baby girl they put in my arms. I would give my life... and I did! Still do, and still would. What kind of love is this? Amazing love. Even a glimpse of the love God has for his children. Sweet sweetness!
Austin graduating with her masters from Fuller.

No comments:

Post a Comment