Friday, September 9, 2011

A New Day...

My dad used to say each night before bed, "Tomorrow's a new day!"
Of course, I didn't want to hear that it was bed time... Kids never want to hear the words
"bed time" or "nap time!"
Now that I am approaching 50 years of age, still doesn't seem right to be able to say that,
I am grateful to hear, "Tomorrow's a new day."
I am also grateful to know that it is bed time!
I am still sleeping 6-8 hours on a good night... last night was one of those.
But I hear that the older you get the less you sleep at night.
That's ok too... then I can get more done.
Maybe more worrying? Maybe more praying!
Certainly more guitar playing and reading.
Life is good. Even in the midst of battle the fight keeps me pressing on and pressing in.

My mom shot this pict of a rainbow over Montana. So simple... yet so profound.
What creates the phenomenon of a rainbow. Yes, it's phenomenal! I never not run outside excitedly to see the sight when a rainbow comes. I know about the science of rainbows but I would sure like to know more about the promises wrapped up in 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment