Monday, September 26, 2011

TICK TOCK!

"Every opportunity has an expiration date!" My oldest stated this strange fact the other day. I'm going to have to agree. So many opportunities pass us by due to indecision, ignorance or just plain apathy. As aptly written in Donald Miller's "A Million Miles in a Thousand Years," we need to simply begin writing a better story. We need to get off the couch and stop living our story vicariously through the stupid television. This is not new thought territory. Professionals have been saying this for years about our children. But seeing as though our kids don't do as we say, but rather do as we do, then as the adults and leaders of a generation, we have an obligation to write a better story. "Every opportunity has an expiration date." Today is an opportunity to take care of someone else other than self. Today is a new opportunity to forgive those who have wronged you and ask for forgiveness from those you have wronged. Today is an opportunity to speak sweeter-- especially to your spouse or your children. Today. Just for today... because today will expire. This is an absolute truth. Brand new mercies and compassions, today. Whatever your opportunity to do something good and right today do it! It's your sphere of influence not mine. I've got my own opportunities passing me by. Tick tock.
My husband and I got to love on these sweet kids once. I hope to get to meet them again someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment