Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Closer to You

   Oh sweet time passing swiftly like the water rushing by, dragging my dry fly with you as you go far away and mingled with other streams of life.
   It seems like we're still at the house on Susan Lake and I'm stealing clothes from your closet. That used to make you so mad. I'm still not sorry! You had cool clothes and I wanted to be like you.
   You smiled as I strummed that borrowed guitar. You smiled at me like a big sister should. I'm sorry I didn't learn the Kenny Chesney song for your funeral. Something in me quit that day. Pretty sure it was a good thing. No more performance to force my way into my emotional bank and out the back exit without getting caught. Who did I fool? What did I steal? Got away with nothing... time to pay the price for emotional bankruptcy.
Listening to Kenny makes you feel closer.
I never much liked Kenny. You did. So, I listen to him now. You always liked the cool music and I wanted to be like you.
By the way... orange is the coolest color. You were right again.

 I'm just pissed. Period. I'll get over it. Better yet- I'll get through it.
Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment