Monday, February 20, 2012

BOB SEGER ROCKS!!

"Stood alone on a mountaintop
starin' out at the great divide.
I could go east, I could go west
it was all up to me to decide.
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin'
and my soul began to rise.
And pretty soon my heart was singin'

Roll, roll me away
gonna roll me away tonight
Gotta keep rollin'
Gotta keep ridin'
Keep searchin' till I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to faintest first starlight
and I said next time
next time
we'll get it right."
~~"Roll Me Away" Bob Seger

I was listening to this CD on my way out to the barnyard yesterday. It made me cry.
So many good memories all wrapped up in one voice. But it isn't just Bob singing when the vinyl starts to spin... I can hear my brother Dave singin', my sister Cheri singin', my Mom singin'. Bob Seger, a Michigan boy, can write a ballad, tell a story, play the piano in the blue spot, center stage, all alone. I saw him do it at Castle Farms Theatre in Charlevoix, MI when I was a younger woman. An amazing musician that certainly deserved and earned his place in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.


No comments:

Post a Comment