Friday, February 17, 2012

the business of living....

Though winter still has time to be itself, and I am forced into winter doldrums, I am doing my damnedest to hold on. With work at the Lamplighter coming steadily each week and eating up time, I find myself thankful for the swift passing. Not that I am advocating the wasting of time as nothing is a waste in God's economy, I'm just sure and certain that I will be happier with warmer temps and birds chirpping!

I have since saddled my filly and hung a bit in her mouth. She responds laterally to the reins and will be line driven here in the next few days. She has a deathly fear of donkeys. The little jack they have at the stable is right up the alleyway from Addy's stall and we must pass him by (braying all the way) to get to the arena and the hitching post... not without great fear and trepidation. She is getting a good lesson in backing up however. Cause if we can't do this nicely going forward, we will do it excitedly going backwards. But, we will do it nonetheless.

Tonight I go to Red Lodge to see some girlfriends and simply be together. I miss all my sisters there and can't wait to hug them, share the last few months of our lives and of course eat!

Hank the Cowdog continues to grow to mammoth proportions. I knew his puppy paws looked far too big for his fluffy little body. He is smart and content to be in the Whitlock household.

All is well. Enjoy your day while it is still today.


Hanks relative!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment