Sunday, February 5, 2012

Worries and Cares of this Life

"Do not let the worries and cares of this life blind you..." ~~Corrie Ten Boom

I don't know about you, but this is how I have lived most of my life! Blindly... Always thinking I can make things all better for those around me. I can't. Always thinking I had the answers for those around me. I don't. Always thinking the brunt of the doing, "Get 'er done!" depended on me. It doesn't. Always thinking I should be the strong one in tough situations. I'm not. Never was.

There is One that is much greater. He is the One with all the strength, the wisdom and the power to guide us. It's His will being done--as hard as this is to understand most of the time. But, He can be trusted. We don't need to know all the answers. We are human and don't even possess such capacity anyway.

It is a relief to just let go and really begin to live and accept the good and the joy in this life. For it is all around us and we might as well get started!

All we get is today... right now. There are laughs to be had, people to tell "I love you!" and sorrows to be dealt with and left behind. We have so much to look forward to.

God is in control. He knows right where each one of us are at.

If Corrie Ten Boom could come through the worst of Hitler's atrocities and still keep her eyes on all that is good and right, so can we.

You have God's permission to go and have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment