Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Three Months of Fifty

Three months and counting...
I was given a word this year by God.
That word was "live."
I am still trying to understand the whole essence of the meaning of the word. "Live!"
I have been fifty years old for three months.
I look good, I feel good, I am finding happiness and contentment again in the simple things such as daylight, health, sleep, food, horses, dogs and most importantly family and relationships. My children continue to flourish, my marriage continues to flourish, my heart beats steadily, rising and falling with the truth of God's Word and the lies of this world. Balance has come for a time.

I am thankful for the truth. I am thankful I know the difference!
I am thankful for love. I am thankful to have loved, and been loved, so fully thus far.
I am thankful for a faith in God... not just a faith in faith.
I am thankful for hope. There will be a place to come when we will be reunited with those we have loved and lost to this world and God Himself will wipe every tear from our eyes.

To ashes we will all return.

Lent is a time to reflect. To stand on the edge of magnificence and forget about ourselves for awhile. Whether you give something up or take on a positive, new activity to enrich your life during this Lenten season, do it remembering Who is at the center of it all. And then, when Easter Sunday comes, may your appreciation of what Christ suffered on the cross that Friday so long ago, His death and resurrection, and the dawn of that grand Sunday morning be so alive in your heart and mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment