Sunday, June 17, 2012

What is a Father?

It may be late in the day, but it is not too late to brag on my Dad a bit!

"F" is for forever. God knew exactly what He was doing when he gave me to my mom and dad. He knew that I would need just the kind of person you are, Dad, to mold me and shape me and teach me about love and sacrifice. And, you will be my dad forever. For this I am eternally grateful.

"A" is for answers. You always tried, (and still do) to answer my questions honestly and helpfully, having my best interests at heart. Thank you for taking the time to answer me, especially when I was so pesky as a youngster.

"T" is for time. You gave us kids your life. You not only provided a home, food, clothes and care, you also included evenings canoeing on Susan Lake, trips to the beach, Dairy Queen, down state to visit our families; you even came outside and helped me with my horse. You also took me to horse shows when you had to be so busy with other things. Thank you.

"H" is for home. How many homes did you build for us? How many rooms did you finish for your family? You were meticulous in your carpentry and handiwork. You are still so amazing with the details. WOW! Grandma Claire was just like that too. You are just as talented as your mom was. I am proud to be from such a great family.

"E" is for euchre! You taught us how to play one of the most fun card games in the world. I have been able to whoop up on just about anyone that challenges me to a game of euchre! And now, you are teaching me the finer points of "21"... You rock!

"R" is for rich. Dad, your life is so rich with friends and family and daily activities of four wheeling, stained glass, BBQing,and taking care of Mom. I would love to have you as my neighbor. You are so giving and able to help whenever someone needs a hand.

What more can I say? Yes, my Dad is the most amazing man alive! I adore you, Dad. I need you, I love you and I miss you. Can't wait to see you.

Happy Father's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment