Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Card From a Friend

I received a card from a very close friend yesterday. She lives in Washington state and we were reunited last summer after about twenty years when I went out to Kirkland for a few months this summer.

We rode horses together everyday as kids, swam in the lake, went to school together, movies, dinners, trips... she even dated my older brother for a short time! We had a blast as young girls. It was a great childhood together. Needless to say, when I realized she was only 10 minutes from my apartment in Kirkland, WA, I was ecstatic.

We spent this past summer riding horses, eating and talking. She loved on me when I needed a friend. She is such a wonderful person. Full of life and good humor. She is an engineer and has been for many years. She is very smart and has a lot of drive. I admire her and am honored to call her friend.

I received her card for my birthday yesterday. Late? Yes, too much moving around for the mail to keep up. But her words were so kind and sunk deep into my heart. We don't get too many friends in this lifetime. I don't intend to squander this relationship. I am grateful for her in my life. I look forward to the days to come when we will be together and ride our "mules" again. Her nickname is Goose and mine is Doogers... That's what she calls me!! It makes me laugh everytime.

I love you, Goose!




At Auburn Downs in WA last June.

No comments:

Post a Comment