Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's Wednesday! Day Three at The Lamplighter

I love Wednesdays. They seem to mark the beginning of the end of the week! Strange... I love Mondays too. They give me a sense of a new start and certain direction for getting things done. By Friday my attitude slips sideways, almost beyond recognition. I don't much care for Saturdays and Sunday afternoons are usually long as well.

As I was on the elliptical machine at the gym today I was thinking about how easy and habitual it is for me to live so far ahead of the moment. Sad. Why? ...seems I am unappreciative or ungrateful-- if I were to be honest.

I hope to be more aware of wishing away my time or always planning my next move. I will begin to slow down and enjoy the task at hand, the loved ones I am privileged to have in my life and the new friends that come along everyday.

In case I haven't said this to all of you lately, I love you!

This is day three of my new job. I am really enjoying the folks I am working with. The restaurant is clean, the food is amazing, with laughter and good company in abundance. Thanks Rick and Julie. You guys rock!

If you are in Powell, stop by The Lamplighter and get tasty meal, meet great peeps and relax!


No comments:

Post a Comment