Friday, December 30, 2011

Bread

I love bread. Every kind of bread. Most women I talk to are the same. I used to try and make bread as a younger woman with poor results. Just like riding/training horses, making bread is a barometer of your emotions. There has to be a degree of peace in your life for such practices to end well.

I bought another cookbook yesterday.



It's a great cookbook with lots of illustrations, tips and descriptions. This woman was an animal in the kitchen! She was not afraid to tackle any cooking venture... whether fish or fowl, salt or yeast, spice and flour. Her techniques are simple and straight forward and highly effective on the palate!


"...the rain yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."
~~God


"How can a nation be great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?"
--Julia Child


"There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread."
--Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment