Sunday, December 11, 2011

Proceed to Party!

We had our gingerbread house building party this afternoon. I baked thirteen houses throughout the week and we have two left-- one for my middle daughter and one for my youngest when she gets home from college this Friday night. One of my nephews was sick, so we sent an unfinished house and lots of candy his way for when he's feeling better. My oldest daughter prepared enchiladas and I made some Spanish rice. The kids watched "Cheaper by the Dozen 2" while the enchiladas were warming in the oven. We proceeded to party with lots of candy, frosting, sprinkles and Christmas carols to keep us singing and whistling along!! Of course it was everywhere when we were finished... my house collapsed under the enormous weight of gum drops, gum balls, licorice and whoppers. The only thing left standing was the dog house in the "back yard" complete with a lemon satellite dish! "Tradition... tradition."
Wyatt and Jacob
Jeremy
Graicen
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment