Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Cast Away

We watched 'Cast Away' again... it was on TV last night. Tom Hanks is a mastermind. He's not much to look at but, boy, can he act.

I woke up this morning amazed at how his life went from bad to worse. But, he survived none the less. Even when he didn't want to survive, he survived.

One of his last lines in the movie was, "I know I gotta keep breathing. The sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

I am learning about the only thing I can control in this life is my attitude. I can make a plan, and it is probably prudent to do so, but the good Lord will order my steps. And all the while my will is being conformed to His. Sanctification. God showing us mercy and grace as we learn how to live and die in this place.

So, at the end of the movie the character, Chuck Noland, is faced again with a crossroads. When you think about that, we are all faced with a crossroads every moment of everyday.

"I could go east, I could go west; it was all up to me to decide." ~~Bob Seger

That dang free will! Such an enormous plan that I don't have any answers for. One thing I do know for sure: God is good and He loves us more than we can fathom. I hope to choose wisely today!

Cheers!


Roll, roll me away, won't you roll me away tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment