Saturday, March 10, 2012

Happy Birthday, DAD!

Today is my dad's birthday. It's been on March 10th every year for all my life! He is a very humble man that has never really seemed to want us to make a big deal out of his day.

That's one of the things I admire about my dad. He is humble. He does not make a big deal of of things. He is able to take life and circumstances as they come and roll with it for the most part. He can get mad, but he also exhibits self control.

He is logical. He sees things for what they are. People too. He calls a spade a spade. He can recognize somebody without integrity from a long way off. But he also gives people a chance to work things out.

My dad is an inventor. He can build or repair anything. He has great knowledge of how mechanical things work. His hands are never idle.

Since retirement, he has picked up stained glass as one of his hobbies. He is an artist. He would humbly tell you that he isn't that good at it, but he is! He has created so many beautiful, colorful creations to fill all of our homes with a touch of him. From window art to lampshades he has a real eye for color and pattern.

My dad loves my mom! He loves his kids too! We have been blessed with a father that will work and provide for his family. He never stops caring about us and making sure we are all ok. He is a man's man.

I love my dad with all of my heart.

I thank God for him!

His garage/workshop


Dad and my brother-in-law Dan

1 comment: