Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Five Things

I have a confession to make. I am a list maker. Though I have counseled young women to stop the madness of following their list to the point of insanity, I still make a list and really enjoy crossing things off of that list. I am no longer driven to accomplish all that I add to my torture paper, but I do still keep a record of what I believe needs to be done each day.

Today I would like to suggest that you ponder five things that you do everyday for comfort, survival, general health, or whatever it is that drives you to feel accomplished or finished or done at the end of each day. I'm sure each of our lists will vary.

1. Wake up early. This is sometimes not an option as the older I get, the sooner I wake up in the morning! But you can really get a lot done in a day by adding a few hours onto the frontside.

2. Fill my mind with the truth--such as the Word of God. After wacky, anxious dreams all night long, I need a solid foundation to base my day on.

3. Drink fluids and eat carbs. In other words, I need my toast and coffee! This may have been a learned behavior as my mother still does the same thing each day.

4. Encourage loved ones. My day/life would not matter much if I did not hug Construction Man and catch up with the three lovely daughters to make sure they know how much they are loved. Then it's on to mom, dad, brother, relatives, friends... you get the idea!

5. Go to the store. Wonder what I would do if the store closed. Doomsday preppers may have a good plan with the storage and gardening etc. This is really where the list kicks in as I am always forgetting something from the store.

Obviously the top four are not on my list to cross off. They are essentials. However, the dentist, the eye doctor, the hair stylist, the occasional lunch or coffee with friends, the plane flight times, the need for dog bones, putting out the garbage on Tuesdays, changing oil in the jeep, and the need for more cream for my coffee seem to appear more often than not!

What's on your list?

Make amends with someone today. Hug your family. Time is short.

No comments:

Post a Comment