Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Dear Cheri,

Today is your birthday. I bet the celebration in Heaven is tremendous. Here on earth we are tinged with sadness but trying to carry on, knowing that's the right thing to do, for now. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you.

It's springtime and all the flowers are beginning to bloom. It's time to plant seeds and pray for no more frost! You loved your flower gardens. We loved your flower gardens.
I can no longer look at a sunflower without seeing your face.

I went home to Road 8. Our cat was still there waiting after three years. I bought her a bag of cat food and took it up in the barn loft to feed her... just like I've done a thousand times before. She was grateful for the attention. I was honored to love on her again. I really do like cats, now!

And guess what, SheShe? I took to drinking beer. I can hear you giggle. It isn't light beer. Actually, the darker the better. I love Guinness. That's the Irish coming out in me.

Speaking of drinking beer, sitting on your patio, and reading a good book, I wonder if your toenails are still pink? You always had the greatest fingernails and toenails! From the time we were young girls you could always grow your nails out. You filed and filed them, keeping them looking great.


Been listening to Rod Stewart lately. I remember listening to him through the bedroom wall on Shrigley Road as you jammed out on your stereo.

Yep. Today is my big sister's birthday. Though you have gone on ahead of us, I thank God for the memories. In a way, no matter where I look or what I do, you are still here in our hearts and minds. I like that. On thing I would ask is that I could hug you one more time, talk about our kids, complain about our husbands and make a plan for Tuscany. I guess there will be plenty of time for all that!

I love you, Cheri. Happy Birthday.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful :) just like her and just like you :) love you :)

    ReplyDelete