Thursday, April 12, 2012

See You Soon...

The Theologian left today with the Soldier. They are heading for their new home in the deep south. I am not sure who'll will be more sad, Hank the Cow Dog, to see May go, or me, to have the oldest girl out again, in the world at large.

I walked around Road 8 the other day and could still hear three little girls running, playing and jumping on the trampoline. :( Bitter... :) sweet.

Had an old horse shoer who used to say this about the huge buckskin gelding I once owned. He would not stand still to be shod, but was absolutely gentle and seemed born broke. "You gotta take the bitter with the sweet!" Carl would purport.

Much of life, perhaps all of life, is like that. Bitter then sweet. Sweet then bitter. I am fifty and have found this to be true in my short lifetime.

We will turn our attentions now to getting packed up and heading home. We have boxes to fill, carpets to clean, tubs to scrub, walls to paint, cupboards to repair... the list is endless.

But I like lists, remember? Lists are bitter sweet. Too much to do. Not enough to cross off. Oh well.

I love you, kids. Be safe and call soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment