Friday, April 20, 2012

Injured Addy...

Two nights ago the little filly kicked at a mule in the stall next to her and skinned up both her hind legs on the front of her hocks. She is very swollen and stiff. I guess training will be suspended for a few days or so.

We spent all day building fence and getting ready to take Hank and Addy home to Road 8. I will be glad to have her there to be able to keep a better eye on her. Now if we can just keep the kids that live across the street from coming over and shooting up the windows and lights in the barn, putting holes in the buildings and laming up the horses that are being boarded there now. Sad! I know boys will be boys, however, there will be some teachable moments ahead for these youngsters.

It is time to put everything that I have unpacked back into boxes. I only work two days next week so I know exactly what I will be doing for the next few weeks. Can we say painting, moving stuff, sorting and throwing away stuff and basically cussing my stuff!! If you have been reading my blog you know how I feel about stuff. (I relish the idea of throwing away more stuff.) :)





No comments:

Post a Comment