Saturday, April 14, 2012

Saturday, I love Saturdays!

Today is Saturday. We started out with coffee and then a trip to the barnyard with my new/old trailer in tow. We needed to see if Addy would even go in it. It is very small, but sound.

I began by grooming and saddling and just jumping right on today without round pen work. She rode right off with my intent to just let her have some free time outside the arena or the round pen. She did very well walking among the farm implements, big round hay bales, cars flying by on the nearby road, and other horses lining up at the fence to greet her!

Construction Man had the trailer all ready to put her in when I got back. We unsaddled and made the loading attempt. She hesitated, but with a little grain and tapping her on the rump with the whip, she made her way up the ramp into the Circle J! We drove her around the countryside with Hank the Cow Dog tied to the flat bed of the truck. Just one small, happy family. (I'm still brooding/pouting about all the girls being out of the house for the moment!)

A 1980 Circle J. Mine is a 1974 with a red stripe down the side. Cute little thing!

We headed to our hometown and washed the trailer up to see how much work we needed to do on it. It is in pretty good shape with a little rust on the ramp. Construction Man can weld. He can measure and rebuild. He has the technology!

Then, as if my day just couldn't get any better, we headed to my favorite tack shop in a nearby Wyoming town. I found a black headstall and reins, and a black saddle pad to complement my black saddle and bay horse with black points. See an underlying theme here? I realize black leather is out of style right at the moment. I am on a crusade to bring it back into fashion in the horse world!

Funny ending to this daily report: I came home and was doing some research on Addy's bloodlines. Addy's daddy is a black stallion!
Blue Bayou Boon
Addy's daddy!!

So, hope your Saturday was a good one. I'm off to the shower to wash off some of the black dirt I've been playing in all day.
Love you family, miss you so much. :) :) :0

No comments:

Post a Comment